May 3, 2020
For More Information:
Public Information Officer
Town of Bluffton
Email Debbie Szpanka
Town of Bluffton to host inaugural Independence Day Celebration, Saturday, July 2, 2022
The Town of Bluffton is hosting its inaugural Independence Day Celebration, July 2, 2022. The celebration will begin with a pre-party at Martin Family and DuBois Parks and the firework show will begin shortly after 9 pm
- Pre-Party: The pre-party will be located at Martin Family and DuBois Parks, from 5 pm - 9 pm. Lowcountry Boil Bluegrass Band will be the musical talent. Jevon Daly, the lead singer, will also provide a 45-minute special program asking kids to perform with him. This will happen between the band's music sets.
- Carnaval, interactive games: Games, such as an inflatable axe and score-a-basketball- hoop, will be available at Martin Family Park. Children will receive a patriotic-themed prize at each game station, while supplies last.
- Concessions: Food and drinks, such as hotdogs, pretzels, snow cones and lemonade, will also be available from a vendor at Martin Family Park.
- Rock wall, Bungee Jump Station and Bounce Houses: These stations will be located throughout and between Martin Family and DuBois Parks.
- Fireworks: The firework display will begin around 9 pm. The fireworks will be launched from a barge in the May River therefore, the show can be viewed from Oyster Factory and Wright Family Parks.
The Martin Family Park's parking lot will be closed to stage the activities. Lawrence Street, between Boundary Street and Martin Family Park's parking lot, will be closed from 9 pm. Friday until 9 pm. Saturday. Green Street, adjacent to the park, will also be closed. Parking will still be available on Boundary and Lawton Streets, adjacent to DuBois Park.
- The public can park at the Cornerstone Church parking lot, accessible from Calhoun Street and Boundary Streets. The Town has an agreement with this Church; therefore, this is free parking.
- Campbell Chapel AME Church's parking lot, located on Boundary Street, will be available for public parking for a $15 donation. These donations will help fund the church's children program.
- First Zion Missionary Baptist Church, located off Wharf Street- about a block from Oyster Factory Park, is allowing parking for a donation to the church's programs.
- Public Parking: There is free parking at Dr. Mellichamp Drive's parking lot, Town Hall, and M.C. Riley Sports Complex.
Disclaimer from Town of Bluffton: This email message (including all attachments) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged information and material that may be protected by HIPAA, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and other federal and state confidentiality laws. Communications sent to or from the Town of Bluffton are subject to the SC Freedom of Information Act. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and punishable to the fullest extent of the law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message.