The Town of Bluffton is proud to host its 50th annual Bluffton Christmas Parade, Saturday December 4 at 10 a.m. through Bluffton’s Historic District.
Bluffton’s Tree Lighting ceremony will begin at 5:30 p.m., Friday, December 3, at Martin Family Park followed by Santa’s Workshop at DuBois Park’s Pavilion. The movie, “Elf,” will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Martin Family Park. Please bring blankets and/or chairs. Martin Family Park and DuBois Park are adjacent to each other on Boundary Street in the Historic District. For the safety of Santa and all involved, children will need to wear a mask for Santa’s workshop.
“Bluffton’s Christmas tree lighting and parade is the kickoff to the holiday season, a way to express our town’s eclectic energy and create memories for every member of our community,” Mayor Lisa Sulka said.
“Our tree lighting ceremony and town wide decorations have converted Bluffton into a charming winter wonderland for everyone. A few years ago, we witnessed a man drop down to his knee and propose in front of the lit Christmas tree. Truly, it is small-town magic.”
This parade, which has been a part of the Bluffton tradition for five decades, has grown exponentially parallel to Bluffton’s population. Due to the growth, public and personal safety remains the event’s most important priority. Please note the new rules, detailed in the Christmas Parade application, to ensure safety for all.
Highlights of new parade rules
- Entries are first come, first serve – please note there is limit of 120 entries for the 2021 parade. It is advised to submit your application as soon as it is completed.
- A $25 entry fee will be required. Invoice will be emailed with payment instructions when parade application is approved.
- Throwing of candy or any item from parade vehicle or float is prohibited.
- People are allowed to walk alongside the parade entry and distribute items to crowd. Please distribute candy/promotional items hand-to-hand by walking along the parade route next to the spectators. Spectators will not be allowed to run into the streets to grab items.
- Applications are due November 10, 2021. The parade application is available via the Town of Bluffton’s website: Form Center • Bluffton, SC • CivicEngage
- Any questions, please contact Lyndee Simoneaux, special event manager, (email): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email completed applications to: email@example.com
- Deadline for parade applications is November 10, 2021.
NOTE: These holiday events are always held the first Friday and Saturday of December, rain or shine. The event will only be canceled if the Town of Bluffton deems weather conditions as unsafe.