It is the policy of the Town of Bluffton to comply with all state and federal authorities requiring nondiscrimination, including but not limited to:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Executive Order 12898 (Environmental Justice) and
- Executive Order 13166 (Limited English Proficiency)
The Town of Bluffton does not and will not exclude from participation in; deny the benefits of; or subject anyone to discrimination on the basis of:
- National origin
All Federally-assisted programs will be administered in a manner to guarantee that the Town of Bluffton, other recipients, sub-recipients, contractors, subcontractors, transferees, and other participants in Federal financial assistance comply with all requirements imposed by or pursuant to, civil rights acts and Department of Transportation regulations.
The Town of Bluffton’s Human Resources Department is responsible for initiating and monitoring Title VI activities, preparing required reports and other Town of Bluffton responsibilities as required by 23 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) Part 200 and 49 Code of Federal Regulation Part 21.
NOTE: Those requiring information in alternative formats or in a language subject to the Town’s Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan, should contact the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) coordinator at: ADA Coordinator.