2022 Town of Bluffton Christmas Parade
The Town of Bluffton is proud to host it's 51st annual Bluffton Christmas Parade Saturday, December 3 at 10 a.m. through Bluffton’s Historic District.
Bluffton’s Tree Lighting ceremony will begin at 5:30 p.m., Friday, December 2, at Martin Family Park, followed by Santa’s Workshop at DuBois Park’s Pavilion. The movie, “The Grinch,” will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Martin Family Park. Please bring blankets and/or chairs. Martin Family Park and DuBois Park are adjacent to each other on Boundary Street in the Historic District.
“The Town’s Christmas tree lighting, Santa’s workshop and movie night is the official kickoff to the holiday season, followed by the Bluffton Christmas Parade the next morning,” Mayor Lisa Sulka. “It is Bluffton’s way to usher in the holiday season, complete with lights, music, and getting together with your neighbors.
“Our tree lighting ceremony and town-wide decorations have converted Bluffton into a charming winter wonderland for everyone. It’s the perfect way to celebrate the season and our wonderful town.”
This parade, which has been a part of the Bluffton tradition for more than five decades, has grown exponentially parallel to Bluffton’s population. Due to the growth, public and personal safety remains the event’s most important priority. Please note the new rules detailed in the Christmas Parade application to ensure safety for all.
Highlights of new parade rules
- Entries are first come, first serve – please note there is a limit of 125 entries for the 2022 parade. It is advised to submit your application as soon as it is completed.
- The Town is asking parade entrants to give a donation to the Bluffton Lutzie 43 Charitable Fund in lieu of a parade entry fee. Your donation will help fund scholarships for Bluffton's students as well as support the Town’s safe driving campaign to reduce/eliminate vehicle causalities and fatalities in our Town.
- Please donate in an amount of your choice via: https://lowcountry.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create/fund?funit_id=1796
- The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry, a non-profit organization, manages these funds, and donations are tax-deductible.
- Donating, in lieu of an entry fee, is an effort to streamline the application process and use the spirit of the Christmas Parade to help our neighbors remain safe year-round.
- Throwing of candy or any item from the parade vehicle or float is prohibited.
- People are allowed to walk alongside the parade entry and distribute items to the crowd. Please distribute candy/promotional items hand-to-hand by walking along the parade route next to the spectators. Spectators will not be allowed to run into the streets to grab items.
- Applications are due November 11, 2022. The parade application is available via the Town of Bluffton’s website: https://www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/FormCenter/Town-15/Town-of-Bluffton-Christmas-Parade-Applic-85
- If you have any questions, please contact Lyndee Simoneaux, special event manager, (email): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for parade applications is November 11, 2022.
NOTE: These holiday events are always held the first Friday and Saturday of December, rain or shine. The event will only be canceled if the Town of Bluffton deems weather conditions as unsafe.