The mission of the office of Building Safety is to deliver prompt, efficient and courteous service throughout the permit review and inspection process.
The office of Building Safety is responsible for the protection of the health and safety of the community through effective enforcement of adopted building codes and technical standards.
The Office of Building Safety holds the following responsibilities:
- Conduct on-site inspections of construction
- Create and establish policies that encourage communication between the office and customers
- Enforce provisions of Chapter 5 of the Municipal Code of the Town of Bluffton
- Enforce the Unsafe/Uninhabitable Structure Ordinance and Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance.
- Provide a building permit and inspection process that promotes consistency and quality through a regulatory process
- Provide information to the building community and public regarding building safety and construction codes
- Review permit applications and building plans for compliance with adopted codes and standards